The 3-axis G sensor breakout board is based on the Freescale MMA7660FC. The MMA7660FC is an I2C Digital Output , very low power, low profile capacitive micro machined accelerometer featuring a low pass filter, compensation for 0g offset and gain errors, and conversion to 6- bit digital values at a user configurable output data rate. The device can be used for sensor data changes, product orientation, and gesture detection through an interrupt pin (INT). The device is housed in an extremely small 3mm x 3mm x 0.9mm DFN package.
* Low Power Current Consumption
o Off Mode: 0.4 µA
o Standby Mode: 2 µA
o Active Mode: Configurable down to 47 µA
* Low Voltage Operation: 2.4 V – 3.6 V
* 3-Axis ±1.5 g MEMS Sensor and CMOS Interface Controller Built Into One Package
* Configurable Output Data Rate From 1 To 120 Samples A Second
* Auto Wake/Sleep Feature for Low Power Consumption
* Tilt Orientation Detection for Portrait/Landscape Capability
* Gesture Detection Including Shake Detection and Pulse Detection
* Robust Design, High Shocks Survivability (10,000 g)
Breakout Board Features:
* 0.1″ spaced pins in a 2 row by 4 pin configuration , rows are spaced 0.6″
* Independent power for DVDD and AVDD with 0.1uF bypass capacitors mounted directly below the IC.
* 0805 resistor pads for SDA and SCL pull-up to DVDD, allows flexibility for I2C bus pull-up location. You can use internal pull-ups from your micro-controller, or pull-ups from another location on the I2C bus, or populate the breakout board resistors (two 4.7k Ohm 0805 resistor included with each board)
Now that the sever issues are resolved, I can get back to business. The 3-axis sensor PCBs arrived. I am in the process of writing the code to test the boards. Once the boards are tested they will be put into the products section of the website. The boards use the Freescale MMA7660FC 3x3mm DFN 10 pin IC.
2 row x 4 pin 0.1″ header spacing with 0.6″ separation between rows. Allows for use on a through hole proto-board.
Unpopulated 0805 pull-up to DVDD resistors for SCL and SDA. Two 4.7KOhm resistor included with each board. Allows flexibility in choosing where you will use pullups on the I2C bus.